Thursday, August 24, 2006

Spinning Roving Swap

I joined a swap this month. It is called the www.SpinningRovingSwap.blogspot.com. You have two choices Virgin Spindler or Rebel Rover. The Virgin Spindlers will swap a spindle and roving with thier partner and the Rebel Rovers swap roving and a pattern with their partner. By the way, we need more Virgin Spindlers. This is my first swap and I am anxious to see what I will get in the swap. Below are my responses to the questions for my swap partner.

How long have you been spinning?

About 3 months

Are you a beginner, novice, or experienced spinner?

Definately a beginner

Do you spin on a spindle or wheel, or both?

On a spindle, I have not experienced a wheel yet.

What types and weights of spindles (or what type of spinning wheel(s) ) do you currently own?

My spindles are between 1.7 oz and 2 oz.

What type of fibers have you spun with before?

Not certain of exact name of fiber

What fibers do you prefer to spin with?

Something soft and easy to spin.

What fibers do you dislike?

Scratchy hard to spin fibers.

Do you prefer natural colored fibers, or handpainted/dyed fiber?

Either is fine

Would you prefer all one type of roving or smaller amounts of different types to sample?

All one, with multiple colors or a solid color.

What are you favorite colors?

Pinks, purples, and greens.

What colors do you dislike?

None that I know of at this time.

What would you like to do with your handspun yarn, or what do you plan to do with it?

Look at it for a little bit and then make a hat or small purse.

What are your other favorite hobbies?

Reading, music, knitting of course.

Do you have any allergies (pet, smoke, food, fiber,etc...)?

Smoke

No comments: