Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Spin, Spin and some more spinning


Thanks to my new spindle. Oh by the way in my excitement in my last post about it The Fox, I called it the wrong name. It is actually The Hound. As stated in my post about this spindle I would have pictures. Well here it is!!! I love this spindle and I love the surprise I got when I started spinning the two singles you see beside it. I got the fibers in a sample pack at my lys. I believe it is alpaca, I will verify when I go to the lys again. It is so much fun to spin this. I think it is time to try a lighter weight spindle. I have improved greatly on my drafting and feel that I can handle spinning finer yarns. The pictures are a little dark, but I hope you enjoy. I plan on Andean plying the cream and brown color single together tonight. I can't wait to see how good they look together. The yarn on the fartherest left is called Blackberry. The colors do not show up very well in this picture. It has some reds, purples and suttle grays.

No comments: